Marketing Lancashire - Invitation to Tender: Live/Work Campaign Launch for Lancashire
06 January 2020 by Ed
Marketing Lancashire is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, experienced and independent single company or consortia to support the development of a distinct and future focused live/work campaign for Lancashire.
Marketing Lancashire is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, experienced and independent single company or consortia to support the development of a distinct and future focused live/ work campaign for Lancashire.
The approach required is a collaborative one that coordinates its delivery alongside our existing in-house experts in PR and digital marketing. We are also looking to work with an agency/ creative organisation that understands Marketing Lancashire’s brand strategy and execution, shares our values, understands the opportunities and challenges that this campaign presents and can see how to help us maximise campaigning impact by making it as accessible as possible.
Although many local businesses and institutions are recognised as leaders and innovators in their fields, Lancashire, the place, needs to promote these successes and systematically leverage key local assets and opportunities, with a view to attracting other highly motivated individuals and businesses to the area.
Marketing Lancashire is looking to commission a creative partner with creative and film-making flair to launch an exciting new campaign that will champion everything that is great about the county and our strengths as a place to live, work, study and invest.
Lancashire – Where life feels good
Where life feels good is all about telling the story of Lancashire through those individuals, communities and businesses who are already reaping the benefits of being located here in the county.
Key aims of campaign:
- Encourage start-up businesses to the county
- Drive business growth and international trade
- Attract and retain a skilled workforce
- Improve perceptions of the county as a great place to live
The campaign will achieve this by:
- Showcasing the county’s leading industry sectors to inspire more entrepreneurs to create jobs and economic prosperity.
- Showing Lancashire’s great quality of life to inspire workers to relocate to a county that is 80% rural.
The successful partner will:
- Help define the visual identity for the campaign •
- Produce a series of videos (between 5 and 10) with corresponding photography that will shine a light on the county as somewhere to live, to raise a family, to build a career and to establish, invest and grow a business.
- Design new page templates and components that will sit within the existing digital platform of marketinglancashire.com (a WordPress site) utilising a dedicated URL – WhereLifeFeelsGood.com which will act as a shopfront to all that’s great about Lancashire, highlighting the county’s national and international assets. As well as the content hub for the digital-led campaign that will be run across social media and regional, national (and ultimately international) marketing channels.
- Develop a SEO strategy to drive traffic to the site – Increasing our natural search rankings across a large number of key words (to be agreed with agency) - Increases enquiry forms - Increases views/downloads of the where Life Feels Good videos and our various online PDF brochures - Increases “brand” / “product” awareness for Lancashire.
- Support media engagement and/or potential campaign partner identification and recruitment
Lancashire is a dynamic economic region within the North West and the wider North of England. It has a unique offer to make and a role to play in the Northern Powerhouse as well as in UK Plc. Lancashire’s leading national and international position in relation to aerospace, advanced engineering and manufacturing, energy, higher education institution excellence and visitor economy make it a pivotal part of the long term economic growth of the North.
With a population of 1,462,000, covering 1,200 square miles, Lancashire’s 52,000 businesses contribute to a £30 billion economy supporting over 600,000 jobs. A number of leading national and international businesses are based within Lancashire, such as BAE systems, Graham and Brown, Leyland Trucks, Daisy Communications, Thwaites, Beaverbrooks, Merlin and Booths who benefit from the excellent transport links with major land, sea and air routes accessible from the region. In Lancaster University, UCLAN, Cumbria and Edge Hill University, Lancashire has one of the strongest HEI clusters in the country, each with complementary strengths, which play a key role in improving local economic prospects and driving business innovation.
Tender Format and Deadline
Written submissions should be sent electronically by 12 noon on the tender deadline day of Monday 20 January 2020 for the attention of Emma Walton, Head of Multi-Channel Marketing, Marketing Lancashire via email@example.com
Download full Tender Document here: