Lancashire Institutions offering AA2A Creative Placement Opportunities for 2022
05 August 2022
As part of the national Artists Access to Art Colleges project, Blackpool School of Arts and University of Central Lancashire will be offering placements to Creatives in 2022-23.
Each year, AA2A offers postgraduate and professional artists and creatives opportunities to access University facilities and studios through their placement programme.
Applications to participate in the programme are due in mid September 2022. Find out more below.
Blackpool School of Arts
As part of the national Artists Access to Art Colleges project, we will be offering six placements to Creatives in 2022-23.
As well as artists and designer-makers, we are also hosting a placement in Theatre production and one in Music production. We’re offering the opportunity to undertake a period of research or realise a project using our workshops and supporting facilities e.g., IT facilities and lending library.
The College is offering the opportunity to undertake a period of research or realise a project using our workshops and supporting facilities e.g., IT facilities and lending library. AA2A schemes aim to benefit students and institutions through their interaction with practising Creatives. AA2A welcomes applications from those with disabilities, from culturally diverse backgrounds and non-graduates.
Application deadline 19th September
Email completed applications to email@example.com
Printmaking, wood, metal, ceramics, laser cutting, 3D printing, fashion, costume, performance, theatre, film, video, sound, digital media, illustration, analogue and digital photography, digital printing, graphics, virtual reality, painting
University of Central Lancashire
Visit the University of Central Lancashire AA2A page for more info.
Printmaking (incl. intaglio, relief, lithography, collagraphy), ceramics, fashion & textiles (incl. rugmaking, spinning, paper & feltmaking, laser cutting & printing, embroidery), workshops associated with fine art practice.
Application deadline:23rd September 2022
Email your enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Info about AA2A
- Access is free, for at least 100 hours, between Oct 2022 and June 2023
- AA2A's Support Fund, for artists on benefits and low income can provide expenses up to £350
- Artists on AA2A schemes run from 2019 to 2020, or before, can now reapply
- All applicants must have at least one year’s professional practice (with the exception of some graduate placements)
- Applicants should be able to work with minimal technical support
- AA2A schemes aim to benefit students and institutions through their interaction with practising Creatives.
- AA2A welcomes applications from those with disabilities, from culturally diverse backgrounds and non-graduates.
“This is such a valuable scheme for artists, offering access to the facility and time to experiment with new techniques, developing new ideas and making new contacts. The scheme enabled me to test and produce work for further research, grant applications and exhibitions.” AA2A Creative