Arts Council England launches latest Culture Recovery Fund
26 July 2021
Arts Council England have launched a new Emergency Resource Support fund for organisations at imminent risk of failure to support them until the end of the year.
This Emergency Resource Support Fund aims to provide emergency funding awards to culturally significant organisations that were financially sustainable before Covid-19 but are now at imminent risk of failure and have exhausted all other options for increasing their resilience.
Who can apply:
Organisations who were financially sustainable before Covid-19 but are now at imminent risk of failure and have exhausted all other options for increasing their resilience.
Cultural organisations that are properly constituted with a governing document and are able to demonstrate, via cashflow forecast, they are at risk of ceasing to trade viably within 12 weeks of the point of application.
The kinds of organisations that are eligible to apply include:
- private companies (either limited by shares or guarantee) registered at Companies House
- community interest companies (either limited by shares or guarantee) (CICs) registered with the CIC regulator
- charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs) registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales
- charitable companies or charitable trusts registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales
- limited liability partnerships registered at Companies House
- partnerships established under a partnership deed/ agreement governed by the Partnership Act 1890 or the Limited Partnerships Act 1907
- community benefit and co-operative societies registered with the Financial Conduct Authority
- Royal Charter bodies
- statutory bodies and other public bodies including Universities and museums who run or maintain cultural services
The lead organisation must either be based in England or can demonstrate that the majority of their work takes place in England.
For the avoidance of doubt, the above includes National Portfolio Organisations, Creative People and Places lead organisations and Music Education Hub lead organisations.
Full eligibility criteria can be found in the guidance document.
Between £25,000 and £3 million (£1 million for for-profit organisations)
Key dates: Applications are subject to permission to apply being granted. Permission to apply requests will be accepted from 8 July 2021.
Application Open Date: 12pm (midday), 15 July 2021.
The latest we can accept a permission to apply request is 12pm (midday) on 30 Septemeber 2021.
Application Deadline: 12pm (midday), 14 October 2021.
Find out more and apply HERE