Help Crafts Council Shape the Future of the Market for Craft
Monday 13th July 2020 to Tuesday 28th July 2020
Crafts Council are hosting 5 conversations during July to help shape and energise the future craft market. All events will be held between 12:00-13:00.
The Market for Craft, the biggest study of the marketplace for ten years, is a valuable tool to inform the debate about how the market can and will develop.
The report shows how consumer craft sales are worth £3bn to the UK economy and that there is a growing new generation of younger craft consumers. Using survey findings from consumers in the UK and two US cities, as well as makers and intermediaries supporting craft businesses, the report is a rich analysis of the business to consumer relationship - who is buying craft, why and where. The report’s findings and recommendations will be at the centre of discussions to consider how we can work together to support the different elements of the market. A copy of the report can be found here.
Crafts Council are hosting 5 conversations during July with you to help them shape and energise the future craft market. All events will be held between 12:00-13:00.
- Craft education and training providers (formal and informal) - 13 July 2020
- Fairs and market organisers - 14 July 2020
- Galleries (commercial and public) - 21 july 2020
- Makers - 27 July 2020
- Retailers - 28 July 2020
These conversations are designed to enable:
- Makers to develop their business
- Galleries, markets, fairs and other retailers to consider what can be done to rebuild and adapt post-pandemic
- Formal and informal education providers to build on the role of participation in craft consumption.
Sign up via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e...